STF#8 - 2023: Workshops
WU03Multiplayer Design Workflows: Connecting People With 3D Data
Delivered by key team from Speckle Development and Rhino Developers, McNeel
AEC has rapidly become a data focused industry with tools emerging to facilitate the management of this data. Speckle is open source digital infrastructure for anything designed in 3D. We handle interoperability between software silos, real-time collaboration, data management, versioning, automation, and more.
In this workshop, you will learn how to use Speckle to create multiplayer design workflows between Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, and other AEC software. You will explore new ways to collaborate in real-time with your colleagues and peers while working alongside leading experts in AEC data exchange.
- Learn how to use Speckle to exchange data between Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, and other AEC software
- Explore new ways to collaborate in real-time with colleagues and peers across disciplinary boundaries and locations
- Discover how to visualise and analyse AEC project data and progress in new and exciting ways
- Learn how to build a complete data exchange workflow using Speckle
- Workshop participants will have a clear understanding of how Speckle can play a key role in their company’s digital transformation and future success
- Workshop participants will have hands-on experience creating workflows that involve a variety AEC applications
Attendees will need their own laptop with Rhino and Grasshopper installed (or anything Speckle supports), as well as the Speckle Connectors you are planning to use.
All skill levels are welcome, but ideally, in order to attend, you should have the following experience:
- Intermediate knowledge of Rhino and Grasshopper for building or industrial design
- Familiarity with other software, such as BIM (e.g. Revit), GIS (e.g. QGIS), Structural (e.g. ETABS)
- A willingness to collaborate and have fun!
Claire Kuang is a technologist and computational designer. Background in Math and Architecture from Harvard GSD. Worked @ Gehry Technologies, Certain Measures, NASA.
Alan Rynne is a building engineer, programmer and teacher with a passion for architectural geometry. Worked @ Bellapart, Apogea, UPC.
Luis Fraguada is a creative developer based in Barcelona, Spain. Background in architecture (buildings) and software development.