STF#8 - 2023: Workshops
WU01Data-Driven Workflows with Rhino and Power BI
Delivered by Proving Ground & Rhino Developers, McNeel
This workshop will guide participants through tactics for leveraging Rhino free-form modelling with data-driven methodology using the Semantic plugin. Participants will learn how to develop and manage data-rich property sets and assign them to Rhino geometry.
As the workshop progresses, users will build interactive 3D dashboard reports in Power BI. Participants will also learn about fundamentals of using Rhino data to train Machine Learning models in Grasshopper for predictive data analysis.
- Learn how to create and manage customized data properties with free-form Rhino geometry using the Semantic plugin.
- Learn how to create live tabular reports and schedules within Rhino using the Semantic plugin.
- Learn how to create interactive 3D reporting using Rhino models and data with Microsoft Power BI.
- Gain an introductory understanding of developing machine learning training models using Rhino object properties with Grasshopper
All attendees will need their own laptop with the following software installed:
- Rhinoceros 7
- LunchBox (with ML)
- Semantic (free trial available)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power BI
All attendees should have the the following skills/experience in order to attend:
- Experience in using Rhino3D for conventional free-form modelling
- Beginner to Intermediate Grasshopper3D experience
- Power BI experience will be a bonus, although the basics will be covered within the workshop
Nathan Miller is the founder of Proving Ground – a digital transformation agency. Nate specialises in collaborating with designers and builders to implement digital strategies for reducing waste, enhancing creativity, and making better decisions about the built environment. Nate and his team have developed popular Rhino plugin including LunchBox, Semantic, and Conveyor which support the direct integration of Rhino data among tools including Revit, Power BI, and relational databases.
Morteza Karimi – McNeel
Morteza is a Software Developer at McNeel. He has a background in architecture and is currently developing iRhino3D.